Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center
About the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center
Together, we honor and serve America’s Veterans.
To be a trusted and resilient partner for Veterans, offering readily available, safe and compassionate care of exceptional quality within an integrated system.
- Establish an institute that focuses on recruiting and retaining highly qualified staff and ensuring leadership succession planning.
- Establish VISN-wide referral patterns that optimize quality of care.
- Provide quality care by using the most experienced providers and proven clinical practices.
- Utilize community partners to provide timely and seamless care to Veterans using fee basis or the Choice Act.
- Utilize advanced technology to deliver care to Veterans at their preferred location.
- Provide transparency to internal and external partners on the financial wellness of the VISN.
Because I CARE, I will…
Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.